The occupation at a glance
Physicists investigate processes, phenomena, states and relationships of inanimate nature, formulate physical laws or put physical knowledge or thinking methods of physics into practice in order to solve technical problems, e.g. in vehicle construction. They are active in science and teaching, product development, technical sales or experts.
Typical Areas of work:
Physicists find employment, e.g.
– in research institutes and universities
– in mechanical or vehicle manufacturing companies
– in companies in the semiconductor industry
– in thermal power plants
– data processing services and software development
– manufacturers of (electro)medical devices
– in physical examination and consulting and in engineering offices
– in public administration, e.g. at calibration and testing offices or the governmental office for Radiation Protection