The occupation at a glance:
Astronomers investigate the formation, structure, physical properties and development of celestial bodies and interstellar matter. They are active, for example, in science and teaching, in the development or use of astronomical instruments and satellites, or in data collection and analysis.
Typical areas of work:
Astrophysicists and astronomers find employment, e.g.
– at universities and research institutions
– observatories and planetariums
– software developers, e.g. for space observation devices or for space
– in the case of manufacturers of optical instruments
– in aerospace, aerospace, aerospace and spacecraft construction companies